Monday, January 7, 2008

Let YOUR River Flow

New Year's Day 2008. I was in a hotel with my brother's family to witness the magnificent fireworks display over the city of Cebu to usher the new year. He had a 15th floor room. At the stroke of midnight, my brother and his family went to the lobby for a party while I decided to stay in the room. I sat in front of the window, staring down at the fireworks that the citizens of Cebu were lighting up. It was a cool view and a cool way to welcome 2008.

As the festive atmosphere continued to fill the city, I started to pray -- for myself, my family, my city, my nation. I did this while fireworks were going off here and there. Later, as the first hour of the year passed, the fireworks display became fewer and the smoke from them started to fill the city. At this sight, I thought the smoke that moved over the city was like the glory of God that hovered and swept over Cebu. I then felt like the Lord was saying to me, "This is the year that the glory of the Lord, your God will fall and rest on your city." It was a really an awesome revelation.

A few moments after that, I finished praying and decided to go to sleep. I set an alarm for 5am to get up early and pray again.

I woke up at the sound of the alarm, and went back to the window where I had prayed earlier. This time, the smoke had already cleared and the city was at crisp, new dawning day. As I was looking at the view of the city, I saw a patch of land that used to be lush greens, and it was now being paved as a commercial lot. At the time I didn't realize that it was a huge lot.

What it seemed to me, at dawn's early light, was a huge white water river flowing into Cebu City. "Where did this river come from?" was my first thought. "How did the city come up with such a huge river in the middle of the city?"

As I stared at the "river", I saw that it was really massive and mighty and it was steadily flowing into Cebu. I then felt the Lord say to me, "This year, a huge flow of the River will come over this city." I thanked the Lord for this word, for what I believe He will do to this city. My spirit rejoiced at this revelation.

Today, as I went back to work, I checked out the ElijahList website and got hit hard by what I read: "Get Ready For the Ride--We Are About to Experience the Tsunami of the Holy Spirit!" The prophetic word by Tarrie Furr was about interpreting dreams, and the dream that was being interpreted in the text was that of a huge wave of the Spirit coming over the Body of Christ. It was an amazing confirmation of what the Lord had told me on January 1. There is going to be a huge flow of His river in Cebu and His children will be moving their giftings and anointings, not on our own might or power, but by His Spirit! I am excited!

- - - - -

Lord, thank You for what You have accomplished in us in 2007. I am so grateful that You have provided everything we need for life and godliness. You go ahead of us and fight our battles for us. You supply every need according to Your glorious riches. You give us grace in times of need, strength in times of weakness, guidance in times of confusion, assurance when we worry and courage when we fear. God, You've done it all for us Lord: covered all the bases, crossed all the T's, dotted all the I's. You've laid the foundation of our faith and completed our salvation on the cross.

Father, as You pour out Your glory over Cebu in 2008, God, I pray that You make us worthy vessels to receive and carry Your presence with us. As You let Your glory rest on my city, Lord, I pray that those who do not believe in You will finally be convinced and awed by the signs, wonders and miracles that are manifested in Your presence. Jesus, as that huge flow of the river comes through Cebu, I pray that we will all be able to ride that wave Lord, each one in the way You intend for us to ride it. God, let Your river flow and let it flow mightily through Cebu City, Lord, that Your Name be glorified, God. Amen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God is really working and His works knows no limit! The Lord also impressed me about the RIVER that will flow in my place where I am right now... "Saudi Arabia" physically this country does not have any river but thanks be to God who promised in Isaiah that there would be Rivers in the Desert... The Lord will cause all those who believes in Him to have a stream of living water (John 4), and once these streams flows together (tributaries) which these streams are connected to the throne of God (Revelation 22 and Ezekiel 47) it will cause Amazing miracle that will turn this nation to it's knees and declare that Jesus is the King of kings and the Lord of lords...

Connect connect ...

God Bless you!!!

Let the river flow